How often do i have to clean the machine?
If the machine has not been used for 2-3 days, it is advisable to run beauty water (acidic water) for about 20-30 seconds to rinse out stagnant water. The machine should be cleaned about every four weeks with citric acid powder. Depending on the water quality of the particular region, it is possible that the cleaning process must be performed more frequently (about once a week) or less frequently (about once a month). To make sure that your machine is cleaned often enough, we recommend a weekly check of the pH of the water. If, for example, a change in the pH value does not become noticeable until after three weeks, it is possible that a three-week cleaning with citric acid powder is sufficient.
It is recommended to have the machine thoroughly cleaned at least every two years by Company service personnel. To apply, please fill out the form for a maintenance request, which can be found on the service page of: https://tonitaka27.ecokangen.com/en_US/
Is it true that I don't have to clean the machine as often when i do not use it much?
No. Both intensive and sporadic use can lead to calcification in the machine. Depending on the quality of the water, frequent use quickly leads to strong mineral deposits on the electrolysis plates. However, if used infrequently, the water in the machine evaporates leaving deposits on both the plates and the hoses. Regular cleaning is therefore required in any case.
What steps should i follow when cleaning the machine with citric acid?
- 1. Switch off the machine and disconnect it from the circuit.
- 2. Fill the cleaning cartridge with a packet of citric acid powder.
- 3. Install the cleaning cartridge in place of the high-grade filter.
- 4. Place the gray hose (acidic water) and flexible hose (Ionised Hydrogen water) in a large bowl or large glass
(about 1.5 L).
- 5. Turn on the tap water until the vessel is full and both hoses are under water.
- 6. Let the machine rest for 3-5 hours or overnight.
- 7. Allow water to run through the machine for about 5 minutes.
- 8. Replace the cleaning cartridge, put in the filter and replace the cover.
- 9. Plug in the machine again.
ATTENTION: Please take care not to re-insert the filter before the citric acid has been thoroughly rinsed out of the machine, otherwise the filter may be damaged irreparably and should not be used further. If your Ionised Hydrogen water tastes acidic after cleaning, the filter has contact with citric acid and needs to be replaced immediately.
My machine constantly goes into automatic cleaning mode and displays "Cleaning Message". What should I do?
The machine enters the automatic 30-second cleaning mode under the following circumstances:
1. After 15 minutes of water consumption.
2. If the machine has not been used for 24 hours.
3. After the production of strongly acidic water.
In some cases (depending on the water source or use), the inside of the machine is so calcified that the mechanical propeller cannot turn, which is necessary to perform the automatic cleaning. If your machine does not finish the automatic cleaning process, please first clean with citric acid before contacting our service department.